Tottering Up the Hill

When we last traipsed into the Great House Hunt of 2022, we were Teetering on the Edge. Now we're tottering up the hill. It's worth it.

The issue was VA financing, which the VA did not point out until the very end and despite giving a pre-authorization. No worries. Our agent sent us over to one of her contacts. We could do a USDA loan through them.

Let me be clear: we are going with another bank because Chase doesn't offer USDA loans. The VA issue was absolutely apart from the Miracle Worker at Chase. I still highly recommend Chase to anyone seeking a mortgage. They go the extra mile for people.

We've had our appraisal. We've had our inspection. We're waiting for the well report, and waiting for the inspection report. The latter needs to be sent to the new bank, naturally. All told, we should close on April 31.

Close!

We have a home!

I won't believe it until I have the key in my hand, naturally. Fate has left me down before.

I suppose that's why I haven't blogged since my "teetering" entry. I have drafts galore! but I feel as though I'm wading through static. I've veg'd all this time, an attempt to balm the hurt caused by the damn VA. Let's see what pans out. I'll backdate all the other blogging stuff and upload it here.