26 April - A Day in the Life of...

 

© 2022 April 26 Toni Wheeler

The most beautiful things
Are not associated with money;
They are memories and moments.
If you don't celebrate those,
they can pass you by.

        -Alek Wek


I haven't used my laptop in a while. I finally finished the foyer, put chicken in the oven, and browsed the offerings for today. News is meh, weather is alright, and my One Drive photo gallery, "Through the years", was quick to pull up every photo taken on the 26th of every year.

On this day, 26 April 2015:

Zephyr was so goofy in his later years. I loved him forever, and he slept on a pillow above my head. Saying goodbye was difficult. We got Hershey that same day. Where does Hershey sleep? On a pillow over my head. He started doing this on his own. His soft snoring reminds me of our wonderful Iggy.

 


This was taken on the same day. It's hard to believe that 9 years have passed. The only way to mark the time is by Angus' white hair. We all went through stress when we moved in to take care of my parents. Gus is a sensitive dog. Between the stress caused by my mother's attitude and her damn dog harassing us and our little pack, Gus went white soon enough... there wasn't anything he could do to ease our emotional fatigue.

Zephyr was his buddy, even when the Iggy didn't want a buddy. Gus would put himself between Zephyr and Mom's dog, Dante. 

Jesus, Angus is still stressed out by Dante. When we first moved in, Dante and Angus would run around the coffee table, playing with each other. But my mother insisted that they would damage her table, and pulled Dante away (while glaring at me). She allowed Dante to become aggressive, or else he picked up on her attitude. Everywhere was Dante's territory, except our bedroom.

Dante became fairly mellow after my mother passed. I don't trust him 100%, especially as he likes to torment Angus by growling at him, or attempting to hump him.

Angus has stopped jumping onto the beds. His vet couldn't find anything wrong with him. I think he tried to jump up, missed, and Dante or Hershey went after him. Now he grunts and slaps the mattress with his paws whenever he wants up. If Jeff forgets to put him on a bed, Gus will seek me out and indicate where he wants to be.

Almost 9 years passed. I need to  record a better current video than this.