Happy Birthday, Jeff!


 


My Better Half  turned 60 today! (More like 40 with 20 years of life-changing, mood-altering, mind-blowing, soul-shifting, perspective-modifying, death defying experience.) 


In my opinion, Jeff's 60 doesn't look much different than his 50. Maybe a little greyer but no deepening wrinkles. Did he get into my mother's Oil of Olay stash?

I guess part of it is growing older together, at the same time. And part of it was not being able to have kids, so we didn't mark the passage of time via their own milestones. God, can you imagine if we had young grandkids? We'd take them to the zoo and then load them with sugar right before their parents picked them up.

There isn't anything major planned for his milestone birthday. I want to take him up to Abdalla's for one of their fabulous steak and baked potato dinners. Shameless plug! We don't have a dog sitter for Hershey, though. Maybe next year? Yes, please?

And, given all the shit happening to my mother right now, plus painful reminders of his own parents who share the same birth month as him... well, I kinda picture Jeff sitting at a small table in an empty room with only a party horn and paper hat to entertain himself. It saddens me to no end.

Alright, dude. Let's start your 70 year milestone birthday celebration two years in advance. Deal? Meanwhile...

❤️ Happy Birthday, my Love! ❤️  



Edit: know what sucks snails? Not having any recognition of his birthday in this journal because I'm the idiot that set this post's publish date for 20 March 2024. I am so sorry, Buzzle. This breaks my heart.