Determination

“The love of a dog is a pure thing. He gives you a trust which is total. You must not betray it.” – Michel Houellebecq
 


There is no denying that the love and determination Ageã Santos shares with his dog have helped this beautiful soul slowly recover, one step at a time. I don't have any update links, unfortunately. You can follow @agea_santos and Alvin on Instagram.

 


I look at my own pack of pickles. 

One is staring at a blank wall.

Another is posed in a messy sit, one back leg slowly kicking her own head; she's moaning in pleasure, each groan refreshing as the foot rakes the ear. 

The chiweenie is making his weird Entish sounds, "A deep rumbling noise like a discord on a great organ".

And the hound has exhausted himself with all his stupid antics, and now lays in a puddle on my upstairs chair.

I know in my heart that I would do whatever it took to give them this level of care. Our dogs are our children, our companions, our source of laughter, our pack.