Hershey's Lullaby

Remember how young I was!


Did you know I have my own lullaby, Daddy?  Momma sings it to me sometimes when we're in the office an' I'm snuggled in the chair, and she sits on the floor and presses herself against my head and reminds me that we should never, ever give up on a rescued dog. 'Cause I peed a lot, remember? And I still drink lots of water, and my first new home threw me away because of that.

But I pee less, and the scars from the burn on my thigh have almost gone away. I'm all grown up. I'm even starting to get grey fur on my muzzle. That's okay. I still love hearing my own lullaby.

My favorite part is this one, and you know it is because I start wagging the tip of my tail when she sings it:

If they knew sweet little you
They'd end up loving you too
All of those people who scold you
What they'd give just for the right to hold you
From your head, down to your toes
You're not much, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Sweet as can be
Baby of mine

 

Yeah, it's a good song. I love you guys.