Wait and See

 



Last weekend was an adventure. I landed in the ED. Still the same symptoms as on the 21st. Okay, worse than the 21st. The bays were packed but finding a bed in Observation wasn't feasible. I was there 24 hours.

The department isn't bad. Good staff. They didn't mind taking barf bags off my hands. Plus I could roam provided I stayed close to my bed or the bathroom. 

There's a mind numbering... funk? That works. The funk tickles the senses. Much like "ICU psychosis", spending too much time there affects the mind.

The issue is stress. And the tip of my appendix is swollen. And I need to follow up with my GP and gastro doc. BUT Jeff's is in the middle of his surgery and will need physical therapy come Monday.

Nobody has any openings on Monday. Even if they did, they can't schedule him without orders. Now I have to figure out how to go to my morning appointment, drive him to PT at the PA VAMC (the round trip alone is 2 hours), and get to my afternoon appointment. 

I did find new sheets yesterday. Plus matching pillowcases. Neet.

And - AND! - I am STILL WAITING on the underwriters to give final approval on the house. Unlike most mortgages, the USDA requires a final review.  Good Lord.

Wait and see. Wait and see. Did I mention Wait and see? Ugh.


An update: the surgery went well! That knee was badly damaged so the implants will give that leg a new lease on life. In life? Bah. I'm too tired to pay any mind to grammar.