A Color Scheme


 

It's a holiday weekend and three days after my birthday. I wanted to close on the house by July 1st, especially as we won the high offer on my dad's birthday. That was April. I've now shelved my hopes. I won't have a broken heart if I stay one step ahead of an underwriter's resounding "no".

This has not stopped me from one of my favorite hobbies: color ideas. I have thousands of collections reaching back to the 90s.

Jeff and I are in our Autumn years. These should be celebrated. What better way than to bring those colors and hues indoors?

The house is very small and, currently, every room is a different color. Some clash. Some don't. None reflect my tastes.

DINING ROOM LOOKING INTO LIVING ROOM

LIVING ROOM LOOKING INTO DINING ROOM

ONE BEDROOM

A uniform color widens small spaces by tricking the eye. Though gray is currently all the rage, a softer beige can add warmth to the rooms without falling too much out of style. I settled on Sherwin-Williams' Dirty Martini for the halls, living room, dining room, and kitchen.

I haven't decided on a bathroom color. I suppose it can also be Dirty Martini.

Keeping with the overall orange and blue scheme, two of the bedrooms will have Interesting Aqua. My office might also have that blue, but Dirty Martini will keep the spaces seamlessly flowing.

Is this a lot of work for a house we may not have? Nope. This calming palate will easily fit where I'm living now.



Wait. Lemme zoom in. Is that...mouse damage on my chair?!

FLUCK. How many of the other cloth items have they gotten into? The couch? Clothing? My soul? I love my chair. I haven't been able to use it as there's no room here. Storage is destroying everything we own.