The Deliciously Depraved Mind of Renaud Vigourt

 


 

Pocket bombards me with tidbits I couldn't care any less about. However, once a century, it drudges up some fond memories of forgotten articles. 

This particular article, "An ancient era of global warming could hint at our scorching future", was published by Popular Science in 2021. 

(BEWARE! You get one (1) free article to read when you visit PopSci. Only one...Or just read the shit on Pocket. Same thing, but less accreditation and also free. Here you go.)

Not gonna lie - it is a fun article. Most of Riley Black's are. We're not here for the topic, though. We are here for the artist.

Renaud Vigourt's perspective on a topic feels like he's smoking a blunt and sipping a chaser of Everclear. Pure grain fun, people. The title image (above and in the article) is no less fun than watching this snail be boiled alive.

(I accidentally did that to my pet crawdad once. Poor escape artist was bright red when I found him in my sink. Damn. I liked him.)

Back on topic!

Vigourt does more than contribute to PopSci. His delicious depravity peppers other popular publications but you can find him lurking in the oddest places. Take this piece...

What the hell are we supposed to be looking at? The more important question is what aren't we paying attention to? The work is titled "Garden Party" and it was supposedly use as wrapping paper for the Heart agency.

Literally wrapping paper? Can you imagine me wrapping a gift with this to give to my mother.

"What is this??!"

Just wait until you see what's inside, Mum. Heh.

Want to see another? This was done for a piece in the NYT. The topic? "How healthy the heart of amazon tribes can be".

I hope their hearts are healthy. Otherwise this thing will scare the crap out of them. I can't tell if it's going to nom on that frond or break into a comedy routine. (If I worked for a cardiologist, this thing would grace my forearm.)

He wades into political commentary. He brings forward and shines a light on social issues and our failings or triumphs.

 


By now, you've grown tired of my waffling on about him. That's alright. Keep your eyes open while browsing articles or buying wrapping paper. You never know when Vigourt will creep into your daily life.

 


Each of these images should bring you to Renaud Vigourt's professional portfolio. Please contact me if any links are broken. This post is not monetized.