No Going Back


I drove by Pembroke cottage to kill some time while Mum was getting her haircut. I have avoided going there for nearly eight years. I had to psych myself up for it.

There wasn't any need. It looked horrible. HA!

They butchered the maple by cutting it drastically back. It was natural when we lived there, a thriving ball of leaves and branches.

They butchered the flower beds. It was no longer an official wildlife habitat. Well, mainly because I removed the status from the agri site when I got home.

The pin oak had grown a lot since we planted it. I couldn't see if the mimosa had suffered the same fate at the maple.

There's no going back. They trashed it during the winter, most likely. Instead of having a yard based on Phipps Conservatory, they have a yard as bland as Mike Pence is white.