Applefest 2021?

 

 There is an online push to bring the Apple Festival back to Smithfield (OH). I confess that I know absolutely nothing about the Smithfield area, other than it unincorporated in 2019, but I would love to attend an event like this.

Honestly, I would be masked. My immune system sucks. That shouldn't mean that an open air event demands extra precautions for everyone else. Those that choose to risk it stand a chance of spreading it to others, ergo people should have the right to wear a mask without being scorned.

Hold the festival; cancel it if our county's confirmed cases suddenly spike. That said, I realize that untangling the financial involvement would be awful if the county cancelled. Refunding those that paid for a booth wouldn't be so bad, I suppose, unless everything was cancelled at the last moment. The county really isn't able to absorb the loss for everything else.