ANGUS


 

Anyone who has ever owned dogs will tell you that dogs sometimes do stupid shit. Such is the case with Angus. 

Hershey pulled some paper towels out of the filled trash can. I turned around to find broccoli on the floor and, as I looked up from my vantage point on the ground, Angus had the bones from the roasted chicken stuffed into his mouth. I lurched forward. He swallowed the spine, hip bone, and femur whole.

It was a moment of panic. There wouldn't be any way for a dog his size to digest those bones and pass them through. We sat vigil over him and called the vet moments after they had gotten into office.

Two x-rays revealed no chicken bones. They induced vomiting. Nothing. Perhaps he puked them up already? I haven't found any puked bones in the house or yard.

But Zoie is acting odd. Lethargic. Didn't want to lick the Ensure lid.

Great. Just wonderful. Ugh.