We got the high offer!

 


Does this mean that we have the house? Not quite. It must be appraised by the VA for our offered purchase price. They could say "no!". They could demand that something gets fixed. It all depends upon the person doing the appraisal. 

My only concern on that matter is the front of the garage. It needs a French drain. Fingers crossed that they don't inspect during or after a heavy downpour. Hm. Okay, during would keep their outside snooping to a minimum.

We have many hoops to jump this week. Inspections to schedule, HVAC inspection as well as the name of the company supplying oil. The sellers will have the well inspected, also.

Regardless, this is a huge burden off our shoulders. I love my Mum. Always have and always will, but her unwillingness to pack away some of the hoard so we could have some of our things out of storage is... painful. It's just stuff

We're only 23 minutes away from her. We all plan to continue Sunday dinners, swapping location so she visit us on the Sundays we're cooking. One bedroom will contain my Nonna's bedroom furniture. Hell, I'll even buy a full mattress set so we can put it all together properly. I'll se my little black desk up in there so Jeff has a place to use his laptop when we haven't any guests.

And now comes the part where we start throwing money all over. In addition to paying for inspections, etc, we had hoped to pay off the truck. Doing so would look good on our credit rating as well as free up those funds for the mortgage. 

The kicker is the dogs. We need to install a chain link fence on the property. A small area. Very small, until we're done paying for things like inspections and stuff. 

So much to think about! Hoping we can get that financing done quickly. We're preapproved for it. I'll continue to bite what's left of my nails until we get the key in our hands.

I still think Dad whispered in God's ear. And I boxed myself in a corner today. "If we get chosen, I'll return to the fold!" followed by a Chaplet of Divine Mercy. And everything fell into place. It's time for me to go back to the Church.