Volodimir Pogrebnyak...

 


I dreamt of Vova again last night. He was much older. I cried and hugged him tightly, and never wanted to let go.

We made small talk and then I asked him to come to the living room so we could talk of more important matters. The first words out of  my mouth were, "We love you, son." 

I implored him to stay with us until things died down in Ukraine. I told him we would sponsor his family. 

I don't remember much of the dream after this part. This minutest portion is the part bubbling to my mind's surface throughout the day.

 

The photo above, taken by Samuel Corum, resonates with many Americans throughout the United States. There is little we can do other than back Ukraine during this asinine war. We are a ghost image behind bold yellow and blue.

People living in America have friends and family there. This war isn't just something to protest, or an excuse to shower disdain on Putin. This is a tangible frustration. No news from them. No idea where they are. No way of knowing if they have died.

 


#VolodimirPogrebnyak #ВолодимирПогребняк




 Photo credit:

A pro-Ukraine activist holds the American and Ukrainian flags together at a demonstration outside the White House on Sunday. Photograph by Samuel Corum / Getty