The Great House Hunt: Once More, Into the Fray!

These photos come from a listing site. They may be taken down after selling.

I found this gem while randomly searching outside our price range. This house is handicap accessible with a disclosure stating that it is an estate sale and sellers will not make any repairs. I've seen this type of listing before. It usually means that the seller will not waste time and money removing ramps, stair lifts, stalls for oxygen tanks, etc. I'm hoping this house follows along those lines.

The outside looks well maintained. I can't see any pictures of the garage behind the house (Google Earth can only do so much) which could mean that the seller's agent is trying to hide a defect.

It's a 3 bed, 2 full bath home just a bit above the 2000 sqft mark. 

"Amenities include spacious rooms, first floor laundry, first floor bathroom, sunroom with lots of windows, handicapped accessible ramp, cement driveway, and 1 car garage."

I had hoped to have this ramp feature at our current house. It would have allowed Dad to stay in his wheelchair and on a paved parking pad beside the garage instead of having the ramp crap up the front yard. Toronto curbs are horrible. Dad actually fell one night, hitting his head on the damn concrete and road.

The inside of the house is very dated. Old carpets and funky wallpaper borders. Ripping that shit out is going to be a chore but the payoff is worth it.

I kinda like the kitchen. Maybe eventually put down new countertops, but I'd keep the tile and cabinets as is. The border and yellow paint has to go!


 I think it's because the tile and exterior meshes with my color pallet.

Hey, it's another wait-and-see moment. Truthfully, I'm getting a little discouraged as we view flawed house after flawed house. When we were first approved for a loan, the interest was 2.7. Now it's 4.7. I'm pissed off. Greedy banks govern real estate, I swear. Low or fixed income people are fucked.

Onward.

I'm a bit worried about that "sunroom". There's a section of carpet that's stained either by a dropped drink or water entering the addition.


Good Lord, those walls! Maybe I should pick a different palate?

We'll view this place tomorrow at 1PM. Maybe this is "the one". If not, we'll continue until we find something that fits our needs.