The Great House Hunt Continues!

 

Or: Seller's Agents Wasting Our Time!

It's getting difficult for me to retain what house we've seen, or which ones we skipped. It's certainly been entertaining, and exhausting, and wonderful. We have fantastic agents. I appreciate their honesty and that they go the extra mile for us. 

Today, for example, our WV agents booked a viewing to take a look at a house; it had issues the VA wouldn't approve, thus saving us a long drive into Moundsville. 

Yesterday, our OH agent got miffed at the seller's agent for not disclosing major issues with a house. The garden house. You know, from the other day? Basically, we drove down south for nothing. 

Justin did find another listing just a skip away. No disclosures. The listing looks good. We headed over only to discover that the house sat on a major road (no parking in front), not that this detail mattered - the front "steps" were so deep that I actually couldn't get my legs high enough to climb without hurting myself. The same was true of the back of the house. I hung onto our agent for dear life and prayed I wouldn't face-plant, taking him with me.

The day before, we were going to see a property down south, on the WV side of the river. We were running late. I gunned it down OH-7, and then savaged WV-2. We were going to make it on time! And then, chaos. There was an accident or something causing the road to close.

I was peeved. We would need to take the OH-7 all the way down the OH side of the river. Fine. Dandy. We doubled back and... the exit to get to the bridge that would take us over was closed. Seriously, this day was only going to get better, right?

We managed to get on the bridge via a trek into Weirton. Once more, lead foot applied. All the while, we're keeping our agents abreast of our delays. "Don't worry. It's alright. Drive safe!" There was a point where I could look across the river to see our destination. And then we continued down south for a long while, and then took that bridge to get all the way north to view the property.

Said property would NOT pass a VA inspection. Once again, seller agents leaving out flaws and wasting everyone's time. Our agent, Bill, was kind as can be. And, as I mentioned above, he and Barb offered to view another property before we made the long drive down.

Our home is out there. It just means more legwork and less time wasted.