Fleeting Moments, Now with More Dog

 


I was more than happy to get my mother out of the house for a few hours this morning. Her brooding is repugnant, and I don't tolerate sulking very well. Jeff took her to the store and this gave me an opportunity to have a Fleeting moment.

Enemas and dogs are not a good combo.

I thought I could trust them to behave themselves. Nope. I'm not even a minute laying on the towel when the min pin bursts into the bathroom. Being on the floor is PROOF! that I want to play.

Do you know how hard it is to stick stuff where the sun doesn't shine while a small dog tries to sit on your face?

"Hey? Hey, Momma? Guess what?" She pats her tiny feet on my face, arm and hand. "Hey, guess what?"

"WHAT, ZOIE?!"

"That's not how you're supposed to drink water."

Meanwhile, her older brothers have parked themselves at the doorway, probably trying to decide whether or not the bottle in my hand is a toy. THEY opened that door and let their sister in.

Sooner or later, Fleeting moments result in something productive. It is at this exact moment that utmost chaos breaks out. I can't get off the ground quickly if I'm lying down. Urgency is a fantastic motivator however.

And that, my dear friends, is when Hershey decides that little bottle is a toy after all, and when Angus presumes that I'm in distress.

The result is a floor show of spectacular means - Cirque du Soleil blending with a filthy George Carlin monologue.

Angus' barking distracted me. Hershey grabbed the bottle, squeezing what little was left of the contents onto Zoie. (No worries, sterile saline is sterile.) I manage to ascend that throne, crying in pain, helpless to prevent soggy Zoie from absconding with the bottle cap.

All three return to crowd me. It's as though they realize I am too busy shitting to give a shit about any of their shit.

The oldest one is more compassionate. I glance towards her, expecting her to double-tap her chest with a paw before giving me a raised dew claw. "Yo, you got this." Piper never moved from the hallway.

I did find that bottle cap; Not so fortunate in locating soggy tissues I left on my desk before this morning's events unraveled.