Aspirations: Knitting and Crochet

Let me be blunt: I can't knit or crochet.

I have family members that knit and crochet. I found out the year before my Dad's death that he knew how to knit. I've tried to knit. I've tried to crochet. I make epic fails look successful.

All I want is a winter scarf. I drop the stitch, or the edges suck, or I fuck up the pattern. I have a lot of place mats and doilies comprised of heavy yarn and odd patterns, all failed attempts.

I've watched YouTube how-to's. Jeff bought me this awesome "how to knit" kit and a "how to crochet" kit. Still suck at it.

Why do I keep trying?!

Easy answer: I want to make stuff like this.


That's Gizmo from Niftynnifer. He's modeling a sweater that would look good on Zoie or Angus. This pattern is also free. But I don't understand it. I don't speak Crochetish.

Maybe someday I'll figure it out? I hope so.