Beds and Bones and Idiot Drivers



We're on Day 2 of putting the Ikea bed together. No mattress yet, but that doesn't stop Hershey from laying where he normally does.

And Zoie is giving him the hard core side eye. She wants what he has despite having one beside her.

Our dogs are weird.

We might have finished the bed today, but Mum had an appointment with her GP. I walked a few doors down to browse Goodwill's book collection. Picked up a book for Jeff and one for myself. By the time I walked out, it was snowing again. By time her appointment ended, there was a powdery blanket in the parking lot.

I really don't mind driving in the snow but I loathe idiot drivers. There wasn't a shortage of those today.  I dropped the Bronco into "slippy" mode and drove to fit the conditions. Meanwhile, on a very long and steep hill, those idiots had slid down until hitting something. 

Turning onto the highway was another nightmare. If a heavy Ford Super Duty F-350 is fishtailing, your little car will have it worse if you don't slow down. Regardless, we made it home safely. It took almost an hour.

And I had a present! I had ordered earrings months and months ago. The seller didn't have my small hoops in stock, but sent the stud earrings. I reached out to them last week to see if those tiny hoops had come in. Yes, they had! I put them in the four holes on my right ear. They'll stay there unless I have an MRI.

Or until Angus discovers them and gently pries them from my ear while I'm asleep.

Because, hey, our dogs are weird.