Conversations with My Dogs

 

I have conversations with my dogs which are sometimes serious. Mostly, I put words in their mouths as they chatter, grunt whine, bark, and otherwise voice their demands.

Case in point: Zoie.

Somebody pee'd on the deck. That somebody could only have been a small, harlequin min pin. The boys leave bigger puddles; the smallest dog wasn't outside.

The moment lent itself to an ever-expanding chapter of this dog's life.

Zoie: Rrroom rrruh reeeee

Me: What do you mean, you don't like the defense attorney I recommended?!

Zoie: brrr ooowooo *sneeze* rawrawraw!

Me: I don't care. Go find your own damn attorney.

Zoie: BARK!

Me: Uh, uh. We both know you pee'd on the deck...

This topic has been ongoing a solid two weeks now. 

I have never had a dog with such a wide range of sounds and pitches. Each is delivered in absolute seriousness, while she sits there staring at me, regardless of whatever else is going on around her. That's perhaps why I cut her so much slack when it comes to those vocalizations.

 


 I'd really like to find the original image for the min pin at the top of this entry.

The image originates at Dimensions.com: https://www.dimensions.com/element/miniature-pinscher

 Holy cow! This website is a passion project!