Breathe Journal: A Guided 52 Week Planner

I journal. This site is filled with daily life events and memories. It's also sprinkled with recipes, reflections, dog stuff, and a smattering of snark.

Smattering? More like 50% of coffee-induced sarcasm. I have a propensity for it. It's woven into my entries. It bubbles into my real life. It's a weapon. It's a riddle or joke. It's a hobby and an addiction.

There was opportunity to trim the causticity early this year. I spotted the single issue magazine near the checkout counter at Walgreens in December 2020. I broke my vow to use it in 2021. I now vow to use it in 2022.



Creating personal change might seem arduous, but with a little self-reflection and plenty of practice it’s possible to establish new thought processes and behavioral patterns that’ll have you doing more of what you enjoy and soon become a part of who you are. Brought to you by the creators of Breathe magazine, this journal presents a collection of images, inspirational quotations, and guided prompts designed to help you disconnect from technology and set aside time for yourself all year long. Plus, positive quotes and affirmations offer inspiration while reflective prompts guide you to document your feelings, the people and places you've enjoyed, and the little things that bring your happiness. This journal also includes space for weekly planning which you can use to manage your schedule or cultivate new, healthier habits. Please note that this product is an authorized edition published by the Meredith Corporation and sold by Amazon. This edition is printed using a high quality matte interior paper and printed on demand for immediate fulfillment. - Amazon


Reviews are mixed. People are griping about the old format (from previous years) and their irritation isn't lost on me. The journal reads like a magazine while leaving sparse space for writing.

I'm almost tempted to make a parody of it all. Can't decide between "cannibalistic serial killer" or "someone stuck on a deserted island". 

Just starting with the initial 52-week plan would be entertaining.

Start the next 52 weeks with these questions in mind and it might help you to realize ambitions, and plan for the future.

What are my goals? To eat someone

What are my dreams? To eat more than one person

What is my motivation? Hunger, because I want to eat someone

How do I want to feel? Full, because I have eaten someone.

What or who do I need for support? Someone to eat

How can I make a difference? Share the meat with other people

What do I want to learn? New recipes

What can I let go of? My vegetarianism

Those questions do serve as a character analysis for a play or book. The actor begins to
flesh out the character by reading the script to gain full insight. The actor would further develop the character by analyzing what that character was doing or experienced before the scene. It sets the tone for what occurs during the scene, and works as a launching pad for the character's next scene. This is the basis for method acting; the Hollywood "stay in character when on and off set" is bullshit.

We will see where the direction goes. My vow is to put a cork in my sarcasm for 2022 but something tells me that the resolution won't last beyond a day.