Songs



 

  Jeff has taken to listening to Radio Margaritaville at night. Don't get me wrong... I love a lot of Jimmy's songs. But the repetition becomes annoying. I dearly wish they would include his lesser-known tunes. Some are absolutely soul-moving. And others have meaning despite being played over and over and over and over...

"Love and Luck" is our song as a couple. 

Everybody needs a little good luck charm
A little gris-gris keeps you safe from harm 
Rub yours on me and I'll rub mine on you 
Luckiest couple on the avenue 

Alright, we don't actually have a voodoo amulet. We have dogs. Does rubbing dogs count?

There are songs that crawl into my brain during some of life's events. Every time I drop Better Half off at the VA for treatment that will take him away from me for a few days, or at the airport for family stuff, "All the Ways I Want You" softly plays in my head as I drive away.

Stars look down and laugh at me
I ought to take a bow
Don't have to tell them life's hard sometimes
There's one falling now
Nobody's here beside me
I can talk about it to
All the ways I want you
All the ways I want you
All the ways I want you

 

Jeff is home now, and listening to Radio Margaritaville. Of course, what's playing??

Ia Ora Te Natura
E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei
Ia Ora Te Natura
E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei
*sighs*

Repetition of songs is exhausting, but there's still abundance on side B.

This was supposed to be a review of LandShark Lager. I love the stuff. Everyone else? It's considered blah