Judith Tesh

Judith Tesh
March 15 1944 - September 23 2021

 


Jeff's mother passed away this month. We found out while Jeff was in the checkout line at Kroger. He called me in tears, his voice raw from emotions expressed in the car and unhindered by bystanders. We knew we had to get him on a plane. Now. Without any bullshit. We had to get him to MS.

I have so many regrets over Mom's passing. We didn't have the financial means to visit her, so I never met her. We shared a passion for gardening and knitting; I always wanted her to teach me how to knit patterns in person. We both had a keen sense of humor and often teamed up to take the mickey out of Jeff when on the phone. She was good, and kind, and raised my Jeff to be strong and compassionate.

We had no idea that she had been in hospice care, nor that she was close to death. We thought that she was in her own home, in her own bed, and her own view of the world outside her windows. She had Alzheimer's. Jeff's younger brother was there for Mom as she took her last breath. I love him for that.

I was hoping that Mom had an obituary. Nope. That may have been her wish. She also wanted a cremation with no funeral.

Jeff arrived in time for the cremation. He saw his mother's face; he was given a lock of her hair. It was difficult for him. He would call to express his own emotions and I would put on a cheery smile and pretend I hadn't been crying.


The world has lost a good woman. Collectively, we have lost a wonderful mother. Rest in peace, Mom.