V for Vaccinated


 

I had my second vaccine, hence the two fingers. I'm seriously, desperately hoping I don't have another viral reaction.

My immune system shit the bed during the first go around. Shingles broke out on one-half my torso, reaching from spine to midline. I can't recall if I blogged about them. I can't recall a lot these days due to pain and Lyrica.

Like breakfast. Did I eat before we left? I'm guessing the answer is 'no'.

Wait, I did blog. It was part of the emotional support banana stuff.

I'm back to the mind fuzz. It's drug-related. I can't recall how to spell words. I forget every last reminder that Better Half tells me.

It's not so bad. I can drive, providing my mom isn't in the car. She causes me to second-guess myself.

"Don't you need to take this exit," she gasps.

Internally, I'm "OMG, did I miss it? Are we going the wrong way? Holy shit!"

Being fair, she does this regardless of what we're doing.

In the time it has taken me to write this... Well, the effects of the vaccine hit about an hour after I had it. I feel like shit, like I have the flu coming on. I'm extremely tired - body tired, not mind. I'd normally push through it. However, when it gets to the point where I start to see double, I know to give in and let the fatigue push me into sleep.

Would I go through the vaccine again? Yes. Ten times. Twenty times. Fifty times. I'm doing it for myself, my loved ones, and my community.