Holy cow, this grass!

 

    Holy cow! I came home from the hospital to find shaggy grass and a blooming young tree. While some people would find the lush lawn appeasing to the eye, it is nothing but an eyesore to me. This is especially true of the brick walkway.

That walkway and I wage war every spring and summer. The grass takes over, and the water pools because it has nowhere to run. Normally a string trimmer sorts the mess. However, this level of growth is a nightmare to edge. Weed killer and shovels are needed to sort it. That sort of energy expenditure is perhaps too much for me. We shall see.

 

I could have done it all ten years ago. This realization is forgotten every time I want to start a project. Now it takes me a while, and people bitch because I require more than one day. 'It's too much" ring a bell, BH?

Something is never "too much" if the result of that labor  (of love!) provides joy, satisfaction, and a feeling of ownership.

That said, projects are backlogged due to our health. I have to finish painting. I have to fix the bathroom floor, I have to move furniture to make spaces for Mum's office as well as my own. And I want a cozy bedroom. That, perhaps, is my most important project.

I cut the grass yesterday. I'll finish the yard tomorrow.  For now, I'm content to look at a somewhat tamed lawn and a stunning little tree.                                                 





__________

Quora: Where did the term "Holy cow" originate from?