Sunday reflections

 

After a week of Mondays, and with Monday starting again tomorrow, it is nice to finally sit down and look at all the damn work I still have to do. Ha. It is not actually as bad as I think. At least, I hope that is the case.

We drove to Robinson to buy a new kennel (box) for Hershey. His childhood trauma chased him into adulthood. I need to spend the next few weeks training him, showing him that being confined is a good thing, a comfortable thing, a safe place to be when his humans gone from home.

Yes, we should have done this when we first adopted him. However, we lacked the space and means. Now that we have another room to call our own, it will be easier to teach him. As it stands right now, he is laying in the bottom section, on his comfy bedding, fast asleep.

My mom is almost finished setting up the foyer as her office space. It looks good. She still wants another bookshelf (hoarders!) and complained that dad's ashes need a shelf. I suggested that she put them on the mantle (where they were prior) but she says the mantle is too cluttered (hoarders!) and refuses to part with the tacky brass knickknacks from the 1980s.

It has become a thorn in my side. I need to buy an urn for his ashes, regardless of what she thinks. I am absolutely hurt that he is less of a priority than crap that could and should be donated to the Urban Mission or Goodwill. 

Take it one day at a time. Breathe. Let the frustrations go. 

I ceased my work (and bitching) and looked around me. Much to my delight, I found comfort in our newly fashioned den. 

I also take joy in tonight's dinner. My mom loved my risotto rice. Bliss!

And there is humor to be had. Better Half and I set all the clocks forward for Daylight Savings. And I set them all back again this morning. We were a week off. I got up at 6:45AM for...nothing. Could have slept in. Haha.