Happy Birthday, Better Half!


At Pembroke March 2006

  Jeff is my Better Half. We have been through it all, thick and thin. His health has deteriorated over the years, but his smile remains as fresh as the day we met. In a few months, we will share a decade again (both of us being in our 50s). Doesn't matter. He's still sexy to me.

I had hoped that we would have everything in order by time this birthday hit. Pembroke was updated and will stand another 50 years.

Instead, we gave it up to take care of my parents - because of poor choices my mother makes. We are starting from scratch in a house that will not last another 30 years without money thrown into it. 

By this time next year, I hope to have made it into a cozy home, to have increased its value, to have repaired enough to make it safe. And then, in the next few years, I hope to sell it. This birthday gift will be a small, one-story home that we can grow old together in - a place where my Better Half will never have to worry about falling down stairs, or a wheelchair getting stuck in narrow doorways.

He is the wind beneath my wings. I want to give him the gift of security and comfort.

 Happy birthday, Buzzle. I love you. Very, very much!

 

 

 ______________

Original post lost by Blogger.