Be good to each other


 In the aftermath of the elections, when our focus should be on COVID, stimulus, and broader social issues, it is perhaps a stain on our species that our priority is the attacking of others over ideas. 

I have several friends that found themselves in this situation this week. It reminds me of a tweet I replied to from last month.

@rexthetvterrier (technically, his Mum) did nothing more than express an opinion. I've followed the account for a while now - it's mainly non-political - and rarely do I see anything warranting an attack. Yes, like all of us, Rex's Mum occasionally calls out bullshit when she sees it. And, like my friends this week, the politically-based negativity and petty drama from others is absolutely unjustified.

Angus' words are mine, of course. I offer them to all of you, too. Life is far too short and too precious to be wasted on attacks.

Attack the subject or stance, and never the person. If this is impossible, do not read that person's opinion.

Be well, people. Be safe. Be good to each other.

Much respect,
Toni