Things I would have done but...

 I set out with good intentions today. There's a stack of things needing to be done but...

Yeah, it's the "but" moments. But only. But then. But what about. Those moments when all momentum is lost. I'm having a week's worth of them.

I wanted to get more knitting done. Unlike the savvy cousins on my dad's side of the family, this hobby stuff leaves me perplexed. But I turn 50 this year and knitting feels right.


I didn't get much done; three rows while watching the WH presser this afternoon. It was nice to spend time with Better Half, an equally nice to hear intelligent WH/Administration answers given to complex reporter questions.

I had also hoped to file some crap and transfer recipes to this blog. I filed, sort of. Two scraps of paper. Woo. I added more crap to the basket long after this pic was taken.


I had also planned to go on a walk with Hershey. Looked outside and Nope. Cold and snowing. He was kind to me while I procrastinated filing.

I DID manage to get shopping done, though the local store was swamped by folks whose Social Security and SNAP benefits hit this Wednesday. The shelves were bare. I did find a pretty violet. No potting soil. I bought it anyway.

Also updated my COVID statement and slapped the page link in the bar above. Technically, that's what I wasted time on all evening. It's pent up rage, truthfully. I'm angered by the attack on the Capitol. I'm livid that people died. I'm disappointed by the cops and firemen that were part of the group. I'm dismayed that these people give more of a fuck about "MAGA" than they do America.

And I'm more than a little bored with them calling me a "pussy liberal" because I wouldn't vote for T***p. YOLO, right?