Kidney beans, coffee, and tapioca

  


  I didn't sleep well. A bowl of raw kidney beans followed me around, occasionally pausing to whisper, You gonna die and other nonsense.  

I'd walk into a room - it was there. I'd wander down weird halls - it was waiting at the far end. I got into an old Plymouth - it was on the passenger seat. While it was unnerving, it was also aggravating as hell. Don't piss me off in my dreams. It's not pretty. I bashed the bowls, screaming like some alien thing protecting claimed space.  I thought I was doing very well until the ceiling above cracked and then split, pouring in a flood of those damn legumes. Their weight pressed down on my, suffocating me, grinding against my skin. I woke up in a cold sweat and gasping.

Fucking beans. This crapola stems from yesterday morning's shit news and the lack of answers.

I crawled out of bed to feed the dogs and made my forbidden coffee. I didn't want to eat. This is why I keep soft food around. Today's breakfast: traditional tapioca pudding.

<tangent>

My favorite brand is Lakeview Farms (@Lakeview_Farms). I have only one gripe - the packaging requires brute strength and scissors to open and, no matter how hard you try to keep clean, there will be tapioca all over your fingertips.

It's worth the mess. Their tapioca pearls give it a lovely texture.

<tangent />

Better Half doesn't feel well today, so my coffee-laden kidneys and I will have to go out shopping by ourselves. Mum's doing tomorrow's Sunday Family Dinner. We need pork tenderloin for it. I could do the shopping early tomor-

Are you fucking kidding me????? Well, I guess I'll be leaving soon to get that shopping done.