In other OTHER news: Winter

 Winter, sweet winter. It has finally decided to arrive. In flakes. Piled 7" deep. Leaving motorists stranded on the black ice, and wiping out power lines to plunge communities into darkness.

But it's really pretty!

I gave up trying to get to Pittsburgh. The Ohio 7 was a stretch of ice covered in slush. The vehicle in front of me lost traction and completed a lovely circle before hitting the concrete divider. None of us were going fast but the impact slowly crumpled the plastic over her/his wheel well.  The highway patrolman behind me snapped on his flashers and motioned for me to along. No sense in contributing to a multi-car clusterpuck.

Going surface through town was just as horrid. I took a video - meaning I turned on the camera and didn't care if anything was in frame or not; I'll find a way to upload it to YouTube or something.

Now home, with hunger-satiated dogs, I'm looking forward to a cup of soup and a fleece blanket. I feel horrible that I couldn't reach Better Half. After watching the news, I'm glad I didn't try. The interstate between here and PA is an abysmal landscape punctuated by abandoned cars.