In other news... Arecibo telescope collapses

 


   December is a rough month for me. Everything seems to die. Some of our dogs have died during this month though, over the years, I had forgotten just how many. Even Truffle died a year before my dad - both sharing 14 December as their final day. With Better Half in the hospital for tightness in his chest, I can't help but feel more than antsy during an awful, brackish collection of days that serve no purpose but to remind me that A)  I still don't have the Christmas tree up, and B) the stomach bug may be back.

In other news, Scott Manley published a video analyzing the Arecibo 305-meter telescope's final moments. (You can view the raw footage on NASA's no-frills site or read the NSF presser.)

You didn't know about Arecibo? Don't feel bad about it. The political fracas has pushed all the worthwhile news into the corners, easily missed unless you sweep the area.


But don't expect the news to shift much from politics before Terry Gilliam's Foot of Cupid squishes Trump in January.