Hospital adventures

 


I felt like shit yesterday. 

  Not that COVID sort of shit where taste is lost and breathing difficult. Nope, this was a weird sort of shitty feeling, like a bout of hypercalcemia after I eat too much ice cream. It scared the hell out of me. So to the ED we went. Enzymes run, calcium checked. It was normal. They held me overnight in a Gucci room.

I feel like shit today.

  Not that angio sort if shit where an elephant sits on your chest and your arms tingle. Nope, this is a typical sort of shitty feeling caused by no food, no meds, and typical chronic back pain. I slept like the dead and that helped with the fatigue. 

Dr Ziggy dropped by. Everything looks good. He'll add something for acid reflux, and await Dr N's instruction. It's likely that I'll be referred back to Dr Miracle for outpatient assessment, and they might increase my hypertension meds.

And I can eat food! I'm starving.

The staff on this floor is so sweet. People are running thin due to being at near capacity last night. I ended up in telemetry on 3rd. Not the typical floor!


A glimpse at the Gucci floor. I can't roam until Dr N sees me.

Annnd walked the hall. Five loops. Dr N hasn't been in yet. I really want to go bome. Called the fam; squeaked at dogs through the speaker phone. Maybe I'll nap or eat now.

I get to go home!!! So stoked. My heart is fine. My body chemistry shit the bed. My adrenal glands are doing stupid shit due to my endocrine system.  

Basically, if I'm not stressed, my body says I am and kicks into overdrive. If I am stressed, it might not respond at all. And, if I'm just a little stressed (even if it's a hard sneeze), my body could pump out enough chemicals to regulate my system as though I were sprinting a lap.

Lovely. I'm still gonna finish the office and put up Christmas. Very simplified holiday.