The Toastmaster Pressure Cooker

 Some people hear "pressure cooker" and think back to a time when these things sat on stoves and exploded at every opportunity. My first pressure cooker was archaic, and I was only 18 and living on my own for the first time, yet I NEVER experienced a kitchen-coating disaster. (My friend Derrick wasn't so lucky, but that's a story for a different time.)


When an opportunity to purchase a brand new Toastmaster came up, I didn't hesitate. I did ask the cashier twice about the price, however. "We only have one type for sale," she said. Store mistake; my benefit. I got a $119 thing on sale for under $50 because some clerk didn't realize it was the more expensive model. 

It's important to note that my husfiend called while I was contemplating my purchase. "Biden won!" A pressure cooker and victory over the orange menace on the same day?! WOOT!

I have yet to use it. Several yummy recipes are knocking about my brain - pork roast is currently winning. I'm hoping to give it a go after Thanksgiving is over.