Thanksgiving Prep


We are cooking our own Thanksgiving dinner this year. My mom's friends usually order a prepared meal for us from the grocery store. It's a lovely gift. However, the pandemic is a good reason to graciously bow out - I'm paranoid about food prepared by anyone but us. Plus Better Half and I love to cook. It's one of the things we miss from our old life.

Our holiday meal needs to include our favorite traditional, inelaborate dishes. Turkey, stuffing, yams, green beans, pumpkin pie. It's just Better Half, Mum, and me. We don't need tons of food.

Unfortunately, I've had a series of trips to the ER for my back. And then I fell backwards down the last two steps in our house, landing on my left hip. I tucked as I fell, hoping to avoid my mother's damn bookcases. There's no avoiding the floor. Damn you, gravity! Yeah, this house won't have a "holiday clean" this week.

Shopping done, meal planning done, gizzards defrosting. I'll jot recipes down to make for a quick point of reference while we cook tomorrow.