Thanksgiving Night


 Thanksgiving 2020 draws to a close. The turkey was perfect, I added too much broth to the stuffing so it was soggy, I blackened some of the beans, and Better Half's rolls were delicious. Nummy gravy, and cranberry sauces, and home cooking. We used to love doing that.

Mom liked the meal (especially the rolls). It's our first without Dad, so we felt some bittersweet pangs. And their anniversary is tomorrow. More pangs. I asked her if she wanted to do anything special. "Nope."

She tackled the dishes while I put stuff away. Hershey pee'd in the kitchen, the bastard, despite being let out three times. And then I rearranged the fridge to contain leftovers for three days. Oh, so much leftovers.

We haven't tucked into the pie yet. I'll probably have a slice much later. Better Half had his nap, Mom had her ice cream, and I need to have a shower. All-in-all, a good day.