Sweater Weather Dead Threads


I suppose sniffing leaves on a crisp Autumn morning is the dog equivalent to a cup of coffee? If so, Hershey polished off an entire pot within the first five minutes of our walk.

Notice the camouflage sweater? We used it for the first time! It was the only thing available in his size. I wanted a nice flannel jacket, or maybe something extra fleecey. Alas, that requires a trip to Robinson.

Hershey doesn't hate the sweater. It fits well enough to avoid catching pee, though I really don't think it does anything to stave off the cold. I was pleasantly surprised when he  patiently stood still as I stuffed his front legs and head into it. Likewise, he trotted around the deck to indicate that he wanted it off, but he didn't struggle when I removed it.

Once off...it was fair game.  

SNATCH! 

I wasn't about to chase Hershey around. Like a dog possessed, he throttled all over the yard with that knitted prey in his mouth. Zoomies!

He finally killed it by aggressively shaking the poor thing from side-to-side until it was "dead".

And then he dumped it behind the couch, perhaps in the hope that I wouldn't find it? Yeah, that's not going to work, Bud. You need better hiding spots. Like behind the bushes, or under the BBQ. 

At least Hershey burned off enough energy for me to enjoy a mug of coffee uninterrupted.