Too cold for walkies?

Hershey and I got up a bit late for "walkies". I think I inadvertently muted my phone last night - no alarm this morning. 

We went through our morning ritual upstairs before heading down the stairs for water and a jacket. I opened the back door to a rush of cold air.

The dog didn't know what to make of it. He didn't want to go outside at all. Instead, he turned his almond shaped eyes my direction. Please, let's just stay in?

I checked the weather on my phone. 43°F with a good breeze. Hmm. He doesn't have a coat or jacket.

Personally, I love crisp weather, though anything below freezing should be embraced from behind glass and with a steaming mug of coffee to warm up the hands. Do I go without him or drag him along? Better to stay at home. With coffee. And blog. What a life.

It was 68°F downstairs - comfortable for Better Half and me. I knew my mother wouldn't be alright with that temp. It's best to "furnace block" her before she awakens. Heat on. Temp set to 71°. I'm hoping she doesn't go beyond that; The downstairs would be toasty while the upstairs, where Jeff and I spend 99% of our day, becomes an oven.

Please don't think poorly of me for making an old lady put on a sweater. I have thermoregulatory dysfunction, a condition that has plagued me since my thyroid cancer battle. 

My hypothalamus is like Dug the dog's attention span: regulate, regulate, SQUIRREL! What was I doing? I can count to potato!  

My endocrinologist is amused by my silly, ectothermic self. I'm not amused by it.

We'll make a trip up to Robinson this month and find the doggo a nice sweater. I'll need to dig out my sweatshirts and fleece stuff as well. Autumn has finally revealed her face and I'm eager to get out there. 🍂

 

_______________

The photo from my phone is meant to show the temp. The background is just an Autumn-themed wallpaper.