The Election That Could Break America

 I do my best to not politicize on The Gruffchick Journal, but this realization really gets my goat. I'll reserve my full opinion to allow you to form your own on this matter.

In a column in the Atlantic, writer Barton Gellman says that Donald Trump's efforts to discredit mail-in voting is more about the end goal - to throw a potential close election into chaos and take advantage of an opaque election system to grab a second term regardless of what the votes say. He joins Katy Tur [MSNBC] to discuss. Aired on 09/24/2020.

 

The article itself can be found here:

The Atlantic: 

"This story appears in the November issue of The Atlantic; we’ve published it early on our website because of its urgency. Subscribers to the print magazine can expect to receive the issue in mid-October."

 The Election That Could Break America

If the vote is close, Donald Trump could easily throw the election into chaos and subvert the result. Who will stop him?

_______________

It doesn't take any stretch of the imagination to visualize Trump contesting the election results. The question becomes What would I do in this situation, and would I allow my country to fall into lockstep with nationalistic authoritarianism?