Meditation: Aad Guray Nameh

Blinking through intense pain involving my L4, L5 and S1 proves to be a challenge tonight. It fucking hurts. Bad. The oxy I took earlier turned out to be as potent as frikken Chiclets. 

I turn towards meditation during these moments. Anything to get my mind off what hurts, and to refocus my energy. Does the pain go away? No. That's not the point of meditation.

My mantra of choice is the Mangala Charn. It's considered potent, chanted to invoke the protective energy of the Creation. As more than a few people have pointed out, it "clears the clouds of doubt and opens us to guidance and protection". 

My favorite rendition is by Snatam Kaur.


There are several different translations out there.


Aad Guray Nameh (I bow to the Primal Source of Creation)
Jugaad Guray Nameh (I bow to Creation woven throughout time.)
Sat Guray Nameh (I bow to the True Source of Creation, the true identity of self)
Siri Guru Devay Nameh (I bow to Creation whose Great Glory will always be)

or

Aad Guray Nameh (I bow to the Primal Wisdom)
Jugaad Guray Nameh (I bow to the Wisdom through the Ages)
Sat Guray Nameh (I bow to the True Wisdom)
Siri Guru Devay Nameh  (I bow to the great, unseen Wisdom)

 The latter translation comes from Discover Your Depths.

I hope this post finds you enjoying a momentary respite from your busy day.